18 July 2010

Push and shove, rubber glove, turtle dove, LOVE!

Since my last post, what has transpired?

Meet the little VIP:

Violett keeps me quite busy with all sorts of things. Usually she's my little sidekick who just happens to be way cuter than I am, but I do do things like feed her, bathe her, blah blah blah. We participate in activities like walk around, lie on our backs, and talk jibberish. She's the kind of person who says "I love you" by throwing up sour milk down your shirt, the kind of person who poops and then giggles about it, the type of person who likes to party when normal people are safely tucked into bed for the evening. She pulls it all off rather well, all things considered.

In an attempt to teach her more about the great country of Canada, we watched "Strange Brew", with ol' Bob & Doug McKenzie, but she may be a little young yet.

Even though she's apparently not interested in visiting Canada, she is a very accomplished traveler, especially for someone not even three months old.

She's been to 10 US states

Dipped her little toes in the Atlantic Ocean

Visited Sea World

Gone to a college graduation

and attended a wedding

Fairly impressive.

I've tried to instill in her a sense of style (obviously inherited from moi) but she usually throws up on the stylish outfits I put her in ... in which I put her. Am I deterred? Absolutely not. Throwing up is one of her favorite pastimes, so I consider it more her seal of approval.

What do we do on a normal day?
We usually begin the day with a good stretch around 0700, followed by a little breakfast at 0800. We watch the news, consume our drink of choice (milk for her, coffee for me), practice holding basic items (usually ones that rattle), listen to Mozart or Coldplay, walk outside in the shade, repeat. Of course there is diaper changing, clothes changing, bath-time, and the occasional nap thrown in the mix. Usually around 2200 she will get sleepy, then wake up at 0700 to start the whole process again.

Sometimes I work around the VIP's schedule, doing fun and exciting things like dishes, laundry, and general home-upkeep. On some special occasions we even leave the house. After little Goopy shuts her eyes for the night, I get my work done for Mercy Ships, then pass out - or try to. It's the thought that counts, right?

The nights, however ... sometimes Violett wakes up and decides she would rather browse and carouse her little crib instead of sleeping. Other evenings, she stays in a state of half-sleep - moaning, groaning, tossing, turning, honking, squeaking, farting, wheezing, huffing, puffing, snoring ... she can be a little loud sometimes.

But, I've got the push and shove, rubber glove, turtle dove, LOVE for her.
She's pretty much the coolest person ever.

H!



3 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful mother, as well as a talented writer! I like your style H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens, I LOVE you.
    I wanna meet the little one ASAPS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like when you write things. :) I also really like your daughter. She's swell.

    ReplyDelete